Always greet your caller:
"Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, Warner Library, this is (your name), how may I help you?"
- Smile--try saying the introduction with a smile and without one. You can hear the difference in your voice, even without being able to see the other person.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Repeat caller's question for clarification and provide an answer.
- Always be polite--"please," "thank you," and "I am sorry."
- When the caller is speaking, listen to what he or she has to say without interruptions.
- If transferring a call, let the caller know before transferring the call. Tell caller, in the event there is a disconnection, the number to reach Mr./Mrs. (name) and their extension.
- To transfer calls, click on transfer and key in the extension number, then you can hang up the receiver. Do not use the extension buttons.
- If the librarian is unavailable, please take a detailed message and place in librarians mail box or speak with the librarian when he/she is available.
- Name of caller
- Date & time of call
- Caller's phone number
- Detailed message
- Your signature