Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Student Worker's Guide to working at Warner library. This guide is designed to walk you through the steps of several areas when working at Warner Library. It includes the processes for each of the tasks that Student Workers are asked to do. It also includes pictures and explanations which can be an asset in learning how to do the job well, and it allows you to return to the guide if you have any questions about how to do something.
How to use this guide:
There are multiple tabs, some with sub-tabs, which you need to click on to be taught how to do any process. Start with The tab next to this one: You're Hired! What's next!
Be sure to click on all the tabs and read the areas within them.
Web Based Training Modules
Work for Warner Library!
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and offer assistance to EU students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Work at the Circulation Desk managing materials going out and being returned to the library
- Organize library materials to be shelved
- Shelve materials
- Monitor the library space to ensure a positive user experience
- Participate in training opportunities
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills or a willingness to learn
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
Benefits and student development opportunities while working for the University Library:
- Flexible hours that work around class & practice schedules
- Great atmosphere, fun people, and a healthy environment
- Development of work skills and experience while still in college
- Opportunities for social interaction
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities where responsibilities and communication skills are learned