Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introduction to Libby
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with ebooks and audiobooks from Warner Library. All you need to do is download the app and sign into our library using your Eastern login to begin browsing the digital collection.
Get Started Today!
OverDrive This link opens in a new window
A collection of e-books purchased for the Eastern community. Sign in with your EU username and password to borrow up to 3 e-books at a time for a rental period of 21 days. Use the Libby app on your mobile device to check out e-books on the go!
Need More Help?
Need Additional Help?
There is an in-app support feature to help answer frequently asked questions.
How to Use OverDrive and Libby
Getting started is easy! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS device.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find Eastern University and sign in with EU login credentials.
- Browse the digital collection and borrow a title.
What You'll Need:
What do you need to enjoy free instant access to digital ebooks and audiobooks?
- Your login credentials
- Internet Access
- A smartphone, tablet, or e-reader (Kindle, Nook, etc)
- The free Libby app, which can be downloaded for free from your device's app store
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
- Check out up to 3 titles at a time.
- Borrow titles for up to 21 days.
- You can place a hold on 3 titles at a time.
If a title is not available, you can place a hold.
- After you place a hold, view your spot in line by going to your Shelf, tapping Holds, then tapping Wait List.
You can view your place in line for a hold.
- After you place a hold, go to Shelf > Holds and tap the calendar icon. You'll see your approximate wait time, the number of copies in use, and the number of people waiting.
You can save time by saving your preferences.
- Tap Preferences at the top of your library's home screen, or at the top of any list. Adjust your filters and default sorting option. Tap Apply Preferences.
You can explore more book recommendations.
- Tap Explore at the top of your library's home screen to discover your next great read. Search by subject, popularity, what's available, and more.
You can add more than one library card.
- Tap the Libby icon in the top right corner, then tap Add a Library. You can search by name of zip code.