Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How do I get a book or article that Warner Library does not own?
Yes, you can - so long as it is available in either EZ Borrow for books and book chapters or RAPID ILL for journal articles. Steps for both processes are below:
- Usually your requested items will arrive within 3-5 business days.
- Notification of the books' arrival will come to you via email.
- When your books arrive they will be checked out to you- pick up requests at the Circulation Desk at Warner Memorial Library (St. Davids Campus).
- After three weeks, if you do not pick them up and you will have to re-request them.
- Books may be renewed one time. Circulation period is for 28 days, plus one 28 day renewal.
- EZ Borrow books may not be used by faculty for course Reserves; nor by students for course textbooks.
- Check to see if Eastern already owns the material (Use A to Z Journal List for the journal title)
- Gather all bibliographic information about the article; including ISSN.
- To locate the ISSN, search the journal's title in Google. The ISSN will appear in the search results for the journal.
- Submit online request using RAPID ILL. (Takes 48 hrs)
If you are having trouble with either tool, please contact the library: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-341-1777 and we will assist you.
EZ Borrow for Books
Need a print book we don't have? Use EZ Borrow! Search and borrow books directly from over 52 college and university member libraries in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and West Virginia. Books must be picked up at and returned to Warner Memorial Library. Several million to choose from!
Have you found a journal article that library does NOT have full-text access to? Don't worry! We can get it for you within 48 hrs. and have it delivered straight to your email. This service is called Rapid ILL. To use it, access the link below. Research just got easier!
Remember - when requesting an article, please make sure all the information boxes are filled in. The ISSN is most important! It is the mechanism that sends the request to a library who has the article.