By step 5 you are well into the literature review process.
This next to last step is when you
- take a moment to reflect on the research you have,
- what you have learned,
- how the information fits into you topic,
- and what is the best way to present your findings.
Some tips on how to organize your research-
- Organize research by topic. Feel free to create subtopics as a means of connecting your research and ideas.
- Consider what points from each topic you want to address in your literature review. This is the time to start thinking about what areas you will discuss in your review and what pieces of research you will use to support your conclusions.
- After reviewing your notes, try summarizing the main points in one to two sentences.
- Draft an outline of your literature review. Start with a point, then list supporting arguments and resources. Repeat this process for each of your paper's main points.