Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How do I get started on writing a thesis or dissertation?
If you need some inspiration on what others have done, how they've organized their thesis, etc., go to one of these places for inspiration:
- Dissertations & Theses @ Eastern University- Eastern's Collection of student electronic theses & dissertations (ETD), hosted by ProQuest.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Full Text- Another great place to find examples of theses and dissertations. Proquest Dissertations & Theses contains "the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses on humanities and social sciences."
- PQDT Open- PQDT Open provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge. The authors of these dissertations and theses have opted to publish as open access.
- American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933-1955- Hosted by EBSCOhost, this is the "only searchable index available of dissertations published during the 1930s to 1950s."
Examples of dissertation/thesis searches in Worldcat.org:
Print Theses & Dissertations- available for viewing at Warner Library. The library has copies of student theses and dissertations for reference use only (items cannot leave the library). These print copies are located on the Library's Lower Level under the following corresponding call numbers:
Seminary Theses and Dissertations
- BV4070 .E292--Bachelor of Divinity Theses
- BV4070 .E293--Master of Biblical Theses
- BV4070 .E294--Master of Religious Education Theses
- BV4070 .E296--Master of Theology Theses
- BV4070 .E297--Doctor of Ministry Theses
- BV4070 .E298--Doctor of Theology Dissertations
- BV4070 .E299--Doctor of Religious Education Dissertations
College of Graduate & Professional Studies Theses and Dissertations
- LD1741 .E462 T542--Master of Science in Urban Economic Development Theses
- LD1741 .E462 T543--Master of Education Theses
- LD1741 .E462 T544--Master of Arts in Urban Studies Theses
- LD1741 .E462 T545--PhD in Leadership Dissertations
- LD1741 .E462 T546--PhD and DA in Marriage and Family Therapy Dissertations
- LD1741.E462 T542--Master of Science and Master of Business Administration in Economic Development
- LD1741. E462 T547--Master of Theological and Cultural Anthropology Theses
Resources to help you research/write your thesis or dissertation: