Library Hours for Fall 2020
New! Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click below to find an answer to a question you might have.
Residential Mail Service:
2. We will retrieve your books and mail them to you with a prepaid return label included. We will also send a follow up email to confirm your request and our actions.
3. For fall semester, we will only mail materials to patrons who live in the northeastern part of the U.S. No international mailing.
2. We will retrieve your materials and send an email to confirm your request and pickup time. We will then place them in a bag with your name on it outside the door facing Walton Hall. We will also set up a time for pickup with you.
If you have books or media to return:
Click here for the Library's Homepage.
Have you found a journal article that library does NOT have full-text access to? Don't worry! We can get it for you within 48 hrs. and have it delivered straight to your email. This service is called Rapid ILL. To use it, access the link below. Research just got easier!
Remember - when requesting an article, please make sure all the information boxes are filled in. The ISSN is most important! It is the mechanism that sends the request to a library who has the article.
Warner Library Prepares for Safe & Healthy Environment - FALL 2020
As the Fall 2020 semester quickly approaches, Warner Library is preparing the library space for ‘social distancing’ for library users.
There are several important changes that users need to be aware of:
CARD KEY ACCESS
· Anyone who wishes to enter Warner Library MUST have an Eastern University E-card.
If you do not have one, please contact the Service Stop.
· Card key access is for the library’s two entrances. This does not affect entrances into HHC building itself.
· Only students, faculty and staff will have access.
· Visitors will not be able to use the library this semester. This includes alumni, community, pastors, etc. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our focus is on student, faculty and staff safety.
LIBRARY SPACE ON MAIN AND UPPER LEVELS
· When you come to Warner Library, you will notice that we have defined seating arrangements to encourage physical distancing. Study tables are set up to accommodate one or two people. Tables for 2 will have an acrylic barrier to separate users.
· Study rooms have been converted to double-occupancy bookable
rooms and may be booked for one hour timeslots via the Libcal app.
· Study rooms will remain locked when not in use.
· Masks must be worn in study rooms.
· No food and drink allowed in the Study Rooms
THERE WILL BE NO FOOD AND DRINK ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY!
Whether you are on campus or learning/teaching remotely, library services are just a click away. Warner staff will continue to assist Eastern students, faculty and staff during the upcoming semester. We will maintain the following services during the hours the library is open and hours dedicated to virtual help.
· Access to electronic scholarly articles, ebooks and media.
· Answer questions and assist research using Online Chat and Zoom appointments
· Fulfill requests for electronic Interlibrary loan
· Other ways we can help you include:
Ways you can help yourself: