Resource guide for the Urban Studies Department
Last Updated: Jan 20, 2014
Welcome to the Urban Studies Lib Guide. This is written to support the Urban Studies Graduate program
The tabs for each language will take you to various resources in print & electronic media - books, journals, databases, blogs, etc. Feel free to email me at email@example.com or use either of the Instant Message links in the box to the right.
- Create one sentence or question to define your topic
- Find keywords that describe
your research topic – brainstorm – free associatio - find synonyms with a
- Create a starting point for your search by combining terms.
- After first iteration, narrow or widen search –
include quotes if needed or wildcard truncation (? Or *)
- Do you only want scholarly
materials or will you include popular publications as well ?