Warner Library respects the privacy of all patrons; as such, under no circumstances may workers give out a patron's personal information.
Requests for a patron's personal information should never be honored. Personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal information (addresses, phone numbers, etc.) of people in the patron database
- Fines and fees of a student requested by a parent without the student's permission
- The name of a person who has checked out a particular item
- Review of past users of an item or book
- The nature of a patron's reference request or database search
- The names of persons who have used DVD or Reserve materials
- Circulation records for any person other than the requestor
- Identification of students who borrowed reserved items
- Circulation records of students suspected of plagiarism
Also never check out materials for a person to another person's account!